The past few weeks have been a stressful period, to say the least. Health, wealth and happiness have all been buggered indelicately; and sounding normal on the phone is like cardio .
Instead of succumbing to the urge to scream obscenities, break items, write black poetry or drown my sorrow in drinks (have I covered all clichés?), I’ve taken on a new challenge. I am going to list the things that I am thankful for, that make me smile and look forward to tomorrow.
- The family that loves me unconditionally, completely and absolutely. Thank you for the unending supply of good food, patience and the right words
- A person who’ll go to the ends of the earth to put a smile on my face
- Work that is interesting, challenging and makes you want to go to work
- Friends who will berate you for falling sick during their wedding preparations… Lol, sure adds perspective
- Feeling like a 10 year old when you live with your parents
- Thayir sadam
- Amma feeding you thayir sadam
- More books
Here’s to hoping this list keeps growing….